Those within the business understand video games are more than design, coding, artwork and sound. A variety of disciplines now dedicate themselves to maximizing the business and usability potential of games. People are dedicated to game and business analysis, contributing to key business decisions and working with designers to optimize the
Namco (now Bandai Namco) and Sony were each at the top of the food chain. However, […]
December of 2014 marks the 20-year anniversary of Tekken’s original arcade release. Tekken games have sold over 41 million copies (Wikipedia), marking it as the all-time best-selling fighting game franchise.
In 1993 I wrote an important report to Namco Ltd. […]
The best arcade games engaged players in two minutes or less. In mobile games, early engagement must happen equally fast because of distractions, short attention spans and demand for instant gratification.
Mobile game designers can learn valuable lessons by studying classic arcade games from the Golden Age of Video Games. These games needed to engage players […]
Is it just me, or do some App Store game descriptions just plain suck? They don’t tell me jack about the game. Just a bunch of marketing mumbo jumbo. Some are so bad they convince me not to download the game.
Nowadays, creating a great game is no guarantee of success. As of […]
In the summer of 1982 the Spot Tavern in Renton, WA was a popular watering […]
- Methodologies to Analyze Classic Arcade Games
- Namco: The Role of Coin-Op in the PlayStation
- Tekken History: The Making of Tekken
- Two-Minute Engagement: Learn From Classic Coin-Operated Arcade Games
- 10 Reasons Why Your App Store Game Description Sucks
- Nintendo: My First Video Game Job
- The Importance of Core Game Loops – Part 2 of 2
- The Importance of Core Game Loops – Part 1 of 2
- Reduce Churn By Building Early Engagement
- Endless Runner Games: Evolution and Future
- Game Dev Art & Tech SF: San Francisco Meetup group for the indie game developer community and fans of games
- The Gaming Historian: A documentary series about the history of video games
- Videogame History Museum: Non-profit charity formed to preserve and archive the history of the video game industry.
- edataanalyst: Learn how to use big data
Your Amazon Experience Begins Here: Click to Shop on Amazon